You’re starting a job search. You have 60 LinkedIn connections. You want recruiters to find you. Alrighty then. We need to get to work. A conservative estimate says there are over 600,000 recruiters on LinkedIn. Here’s how they break out:
- About 16,000 of them purchase unlimited access to LinkedIn’s full database. If you’re there, they can find you.
- Another group uses Boolean search to mine LinkedIn via Google. But come on, how many of them do that? I mean, Boo-le-an search, it sounds scary! Boo!
- The rest of them, and, I submit, the greatest number, are limited to finding their first, second, and third level connections. You want to be one of those people.
- Join the “Recruiter Network — #1 Group for Recruiters.” It has about 450,000 members, including recruiters and people who want to network with recruiters.
- Upgrade your account to “Recruiters Talent Basic” for one month. Stay with me here. More on this at the end.
- Go to the “Advanced Search” page.
- Type your job function in the “Keywords” field (accounting, engineering, HR, etc.).
- Type “LION” in the “Last Name” field.
- Type your zip code in the “Postal Code” field.
- Select “50 miles” at the “Within” box.
- Select “The Recruiter Network — #1 Group for Recruiters” at the “Groups” field.
- Click “Search.”
Your search might look like this: see what the search would look like, the results, and the complete article