Over the last three years, LinkedIn's active user base grew by a staggering 48 percent, from 500 million in 2018 to 740 million in 2021. Business owners and entrepreneurs can leverage the platform to grow their brand, generate new leads, establish partnerships and make connections.
The following seven ways can help you utilize LinkedIn to grow your brand and gain a competitive edge over your competition.
1. Optimize your company profile and connect with people
If you haven't worked on your LinkedIn profile, please take some time and perfect it. Make sure it provides all the essential details about your company's products and services. Put more emphasis on the headline and summary to ensure that it's compelling, engaging, interesting and professional. Furthermore, optimize it for more B2B and B2C lead generation.
Within no time, you will start seeing the "Someone has viewed your profile" notification. Don't just view their profile back. Instead, track the individuals who viewed your business's profile. If they are an ideal prospect, invite them to connect. An individual who views your company profile is most likely finding out more about your brand. There could be a chance they are also interested in your products or services.
2. Post valuable content on LinkedIn publisher
You can use LinkedIn Publisher to publish blog posts that users can engage with and share. With more shares of your blogs, the higher the impact it has on growing your brand. The post can also get prospects interested in your products, triggering an open door for more partnerships.
Make it a habit to publish content on LinkedIn consistently — but remember quality is key. It can build a community of loyal followers who admire your brand. Through them, you have ambassadors who can create a good reputation out there about your business. When users see the value and insights in your content, it gives them the conviction to check out more about your company. It's one of the most straightforward and subtle ways of promoting your brand on LinkedIn without being pushy.
5. Utilize plugins
LinkedIn can be an even more powerful lead generation tool by itself when you utilize the complementary add-ons. Tap into the following plugins:
- LinkedIn Connection Revealer: The LinkedIn Connection Revealer shows you the following that your connections have. By pinpointing the users who travel in big circles, you can engage with them to leverage their platform and promote your brand.
- LinMailPro: It's a Chrome extension that gives you the capability to automatically find and invite individuals who have recently viewed your profile. You can also send personalized messages to them about your brand or deliver marketing messages.
- Headlinr: You may have sponsored a great story, uploaded ads or put up posts, but without a great headline, your potential targets might not click on them. When you use Headlinr, a chrome paid plugin, it automatically generates multiple headline combinations with the keyword you specify depending on your industry. You will get compelling titles that lure users into clicking through your ads and stories.
- Rapportive: If you are a Gmail user browsing in Chrome or Firefox, Rapportive can be a handy tool in getting more leads. It enables you to get LinkedIn profiles that have email addresses in your contacts. You can then send them personalized invites to their inbox to help you grow your network.