In the current economic climate and with competition in the jobs market becoming ever tougher, some people have resorted to using imaginative and creative job descriptions to help them take the next step on the career ladder.
This trend has been seen most clearly on LinkedIn, an online portal where people can ‘connect’ with colleagues and friends and then in turn with these people’s contacts and grow their business network. This will then enable them to use these new contacts to explore employment or business opportunities. Below we look at the 10 strangest job titles that can be found on LinkedIn and question whether using one of these is really the best way to further your career.
1. Digital Overlord. This person is someone who works in IT and sees themselves as something of a guru.
2. Wizard of Light Bulb Moments. A great ideas person.
3. Retail Jedi. Someone who considers themselves to be a great salesperson.
4. Creator of Happiness. Less of a job description and more a description of the type of person you would be employing.
5. Change Magician. Someone who could turn your business around, or who at least thinks they could.