So to help you get noticed, stand out among the large crowd, and get that dream job here are my top ten LinkedIn Tips to optimize your LinkedIn profile.
- Complete your profile 100% LinkedIn keeps good track of your profile completeness. It is in your best interest to complete your profile 100%. Include as much past and current work histories, a summary, skills you’ve learned, etc. LinkedIn will show you what you should fill out to get to 100%.
- Post a professional image of you in your profile A professional image is defined as a head and shoulders portrait of you. Two reasons for this: 1. Adds to your credibility 2. Makes your profile more professional
- Complete your current title and summary Your Title should be genuine – recruiters will check. Your summary should be a short, concise two or three paragraphs that should answer 3 basic questions: Who are you? What do you do? and Who do you do it for?Within your summary use keywords that will help you get found in LinkedIn search. For instance in my summary I listed out several keyword phrases such as internet marketing. It is a service my company provides but it is also a phrase users on LinkedIn would search.
- Complete your past experiences and specializations Specializations should answer this question. What makes you unique from everyone else in your line of work?
- Use all the Linkedin features offered (blogs, slideshare,Twitter feed, video, book recommendations, etc) LinkedIn provides several in house apps that connect to various services like Twitter and WordPress. If you have written an e-book list and recommend it using Amazon book list app. You can share a recent presentation through the slideshare app.